Many are not surprised to learn that new construction homes generally cost more than used homes, which is valid for a variety of reasons. We want to share these with you as you explore the options for what may be one of the most important decisions you will ever make.
Custom home builder, Michael Baudry, knows customer service is as essential as the quality of construction. This commitment pushes him to hire the best contractors while continually keeping up with the latest building codes and innovative products and building processes. Through due diligence and research, Michael feels new home buyers get much more than a brand-new house. “First and foremost, new construction provides peace of mind knowing a qualified team is building your home, your legacy,” he says.
Other benefits Michael points out are:
- The finishes in the home are selected by the homebuyer, making it unique and custom
- Everything in the home is brand spanking new and turn-key ready
- Floorplans are customized to meet most, if not all, their family’s needs
- Value-engineering provides the smartest plan with the most usable space
- Built with the latest building codes making it safer and offering lower insurance rates
- Energy-efficient air conditioning, heating and appliances
- Water-saving plumbing fixtures
- Builder’s warranty, as well as manufacturer warranties, some even offer a limited lifetime warranty
Older homes may require updating and renovations to get the desired home style you are seeking. This cost is added to the actual purchase price of the used home, and many times can exceed the cost of building a new home.
Ultimately, when taking into consideration the wear and tear on a pre-existing home, renovations that may be needed and the higher energy and insurance costs, the overall cost of ownership on a new home offers tremendous value. Mike tells us, “New home construction not only saves money in the long run, but it also helps put dollars back into the local economy so it’s a win-win.”Gulfport homes for sale, homebuilders, new homes for sale, New Homes Gulf Coast
This post was written by Acadian Homes