How to Add Interest to your Garden
We’ve all seen the wrong way to add “art” to a yard; pink flamingos, cement deer, and colorful gnomes are all examples of what NOT to do. Yet adding interesting sculptures, fountains, pots, or art is a great way to add detail and enhance your garden. By following a few tips, you can easily bring these elements into your yard.
- Location – Place your art carefully, considering how it will look from all sides and areas of the yard.
- Neighborhood – Consider any possible violations of your homeowner’s association rules.
- Prune – Make sure your art is always on display by pruning plants away from the piece.
- Lighting – Add some special lighting to show off the art, fountain, or sculpture.
- Don’t Mix Styles – The piece should complement your home and garden. Don’t add an ultra-modern fountain to a home built in the Tuscan style, for instance.
- Size and Scale – Avoid small art pieces that are difficult to see. Look for elements of the same scale as your yard.
- Materials – Watch for materials that will last. Plastic fountains and pots will deteriorate over the next few years after exposure to weather.
Finally, find things you love. A well-placed sculpture, art piece, or fountain can enhance your garden. Whether the focal point of the space or tucked away in a private garden, art pieces and structures make your home as unique as you are.Tags: Brand New Homes in Gulfport, Custom Home Builder, Custom home builder Gulfport, Custom Home Designs
Categorized in: Community, Design Tips, Design Trends
This post was written by Acadian Homes