Homes in Gulfport MS are bursting with signs of spring. Get your gardening season off to a great start with these helpful spring gardening tips.
- Start by cutting back dead foliage from last year, dividing overcrowded perennials and raking up any lingering autumn leaves and fallen twigs. Then assess your garden to see where you need to add new plants or make other changes.
- Make a plan. If you’re establishing a new garden, decide what kind of garden you want. Are you envisioning a basic vegetable garden to grow your own fresh food, an easy-care perennial cottage garden that you can enjoy year after year with minimal fuss, or do you want to create a new look each year with dazzling, colorful annuals? Make a list of the plants and supplies you’ll need.
- Browse garden websites and catalogs to choose your seeds and plants. Pay attention to the needs of each plant and how long it takes to mature. This step takes time, but it will help you to have a better garden in the long run.
- While you wait for your plants or seeds to arrive, prepare the garden space. For free-form planting beds, arrange a hose on the ground to mark the border, then sprinkle lime along the edge. Now you can remove the hose and see where to dig.
- For an easy to way to start a raised bed vegetable garden, build a border of wood, bricks, block or even metal siding. Cover the planting area with a thick layer of wet newspapers or cardboard and add about one foot of soil and compost.
What could be better than creating beautiful gardens around your brand new home? Build a new home with us this spring to create your dream property from the ground up. We build in Oak Landing and Plantation Oaks in Gulfport MS. We can also build on your lot. Browse our photo gallery to see the beautiful homes we’ve created for our clients.
Now is the perfect time to build your new home. Interest rates are low, and qualified buyers are getting amazing deals on mortgages. Call or text Susan at 228-239-2621 to learn more about our available homes in Gulfport MS.Tags: Custom home builder Gulfport, custom homebuilder gulfport ms, new homes for sale in gulfport ms
Categorized in: About Us, Community, Design Tips, Holiday Tips, Home Building Info, Spring Tips
This post was written by Acadian Homes