We’re all spending more time at home these days. If your master bedroom is not the oasis you wish it were, here are a few simple ideas you can use to change the feel of the space without breaking the bank.
- Lighten Up – Setting the mood starts with lighting. Try a modern-industrial styled fixture or vintage chandelier to freshen your look. Consider the purpose of the lighting: do you want to soften the room with dimming lights or brighten a reading corner?
- Change Colors – Changing the color of the room can make a big difference in the feel of the space. Choose a soothing color and add fresh linens, floor rugs, or even paint or wallpaper to revitalize the room.
- Luxurious Carpet – Having a beautiful floor does not necessarily need to mean an expensive change. Add a luxurious area rug to add elegance to your bedroom.
- Create a Sitting Area – Most master bedrooms have unused space. Find a cozy corner and add a comfy chair to carve out a quiet area to relax or read.
- Try Some Wallpaper – Wallpaper is a great way to add interest and personality to decor. Today, there is a wide variety of temporary wallpaper products that are easily removable when you tire of them. Try a bold geometric or subtle textured pattern on one or more walls to add a modern spin to your room.
Bedrooms should be a place to relax—someplace to unwind and refresh after a long day. Fortunately, there are a number of ways to update your master bedroom this weekend with some simple, inexpensive changes. Try one or all of them and spruce up your bedroom.
Did you know that we have choices for a feature wall in your owner’s retreat? That’s what custom is all about! Ask Sue Siemiontkowski, our New Home Specialist at 228-239-2621.Tags: Homebuilders in Gulfport, Interior Design Tips, new construction homes, New home designs
This post was written by Acadian Homes