THE ULTIMATE CHECKLIST FOR YOUR NEW HOME ON THE MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST
You’ve spent countless years creating cherished memories in your home, but now you find yourself at a crossroads. The question arises: should you invest in a brand-new home or embark on a remodeling journey? Your decision hinges on various factors, especially considering the unique charm of Gulfport, MS, where coastal living and a lower-than-average cost of living promise a fantastic quality of life.
CONSIDER THIS CHECKLIST WHEN DECIDING TO BUILD OR REMODEL YOUR HOME ON THE MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST:
- Evaluate if your current home meets the space needs of your growing family.
- Opt for a custom-built home to tailor the floor plan to your family’s requirements.
- Explore options to add square footage through an addition or efficient layout reconfiguration, adhering to local regulations.
- Determine a realistic budget that aligns with your comfort level.
- Assess the potential changes or additions to your existing home within the budget.
- Consider the duration of your stay to calculate the return on investment.
- If remodeling is your choice, obtain multiple quotes and establish a contingency fund for unforeseen expenses.
- Consult a REALTOR to assess your home’s market value and weigh it against the costs of building new.
- Factor in energy and insurance savings associated with a newly constructed home, along with the inclusion of optional upgrades.
- Reflect on your family’s emotional ties to the current home and community.
- If there’s a strong connection, remodeling may be the ideal choice.
- A significant remodel can enhance both the aesthetics and functionality of your home.
Timeline for Remodeling:
- Understand that remodeling demands time, energy, and patience.
- Consider the impact on daily life, especially if living in the house during renovations.
- Plan for the duration of specific projects, such as a kitchen remodel, which may take up to six months.
- Engage the family in discussions about the changes and potential inconveniences during remodeling.
- Assess whether building a new home offers your family a more streamlined and efficient alternative.
In summary, the decision to move or remodel warrants careful consideration of the factors we’ve explored. Take the time for thoughtful reflection and create a comprehensive list outlining the advantages and drawbacks of each option. Additionally, bear in mind that the Mississippi Gulf Coast, with its distinctive blend of coastal living and a cost of living below the national average, provides an ideal backdrop for realizing your dream home.
Categorized in: Tools & Tips
This post was written by Acadian Homes