Important steps to take to help your move go smoothly:
- Line Up a Mover – Even if you don’t have an exact closing date, you can find a professional mover unless you decide to convince friends and family to help instead. Check each mover’s references and make sure they are licensed.
- Start Packing – You can start packing as early as you want. The earlier you start, the better.
- First, tackle all the things that are stored away. Go through boxes you have in a garage, basement, attic, or storage unit to evaluate which items you still want or need. Next, pack up your closets. This is the perfect time to donate or sell the clothes that you wear no longer.
- Designate one box to hold the items you’ll need on the first day such as towels, toilet paper, paper towels, paper plate, and plastic utensils, sheets for each bed, soap, and any other items that you may need as you move from one house to another. Don’t forget to have access to your smartphone chargers and medicines that you take regularly.
- Prepare – In case of a last-minute delay, you should keep handy a few basic pots and pans, mugs, silverware, dishes and, if you need that morning cup of coffee, don’t forget the coffeemaker. During the final few days, you may find it easier to use paper plates so you can pack your dishes.
- Gather Important Papers – As your move gets closer, it is vital to keep all of the documents related to your home purchase and financing in an easily accessible place.
- Medical Records – If you’re moving from far away, be sure to get copies of your medical records, dental records, and, if you have pets, vet records. You may want to look up health care providers that take your insurance and see if they are accepting new patients or have a long wait time to get an initial appointment.
- Update Your Address Everywhere – Be sure mail gets delivered to your new home. Visit your nearest post office for a change of address form or go online at USPS.com.
- Change Address At:
- Department of Motor Vehicle
- Credit Card Companies
- Student or Personal Loans
- Your Bank
- Voter Registration Board
- Insurance Company
Thank you again for joining the Acadian Homes family. We wish you many happy memories in your new Gulf Coast custom home.Tags: Custom Home Builder, Custom Homes, custom homes for sale, custom house, gulf coast homebuilder, home builder, Mississippi Gulf Coast, moving tips, ms gulf coast, Ms Gulf Coast Homebuilder, new construction homes, new home builder
Categorized in: Tools & Tips
This post was written by Acadian Homes