5 Ways to Maximize a Small Space
Small spaces can be a decorating challenge. If you are down-sizing from a larger home or staging your current home to sell, it can feel especially difficult to find ways to adjust to the smaller environment. But small doesn’t need to mean cramped.
Here are 5 great ways to maximize a small space and create a room most everyone will love.
- Use Multi-purpose Pieces: sofa beds or murphy beds, ottomans with storage and bookshelves are great furniture choices
- Down-size the furniture too: use furniture tailored to smaller spaces
- Use Mirrors and Lights: a bright room will always feel larger
- Monotone: Use a simple lighter colored palate and subtle tones to add interest without distracting the eye
- De-Clutter: remove extra items which only make the room seem cramped
From empty nesters looking to downsize to retirees looking for easy maintenance, there are many reasons to seek out smaller living spaces. By utilizing a few simple design tips, your small space can provide years of living enjoyment.
For more design tips and tricks, join our Facebook group, Design and Staging Tips.
Categorized in: Design Tips, Home Decor Tips, Home Designs, Tools & Tips
This post was written by Acadian Homes