When looking at homes for sale in Gulfport MS, you’re likely to see both granite and quartz countertops. But which one is best? To help you decide, let’s look at the pros and cons:
- Granite is solid all the way through. It is a natural stone product that is quarried in large blocks, sliced into slabs and polished to make a beautiful surface. Quartz starts out as quarried stone, but then it is ground up and mixed with man-made resins and pigments. It is not solid stone.
- Granite is resistant to heat. Because it is stone, granite is not damaged by brief exposures to heat. You don’t have to panic if you need to set a hot pan directly on it. However, it is generally recommended to use a trivet. The sealant can be damaged by the heat, leading to loss of protection on that part of the countertop. With quartz countertops you need to use a trivet or protective pad under a hot pan or you could damage the surface. Even a simmering crock pot can cause discoloring of low-quality quartz countertops.
- It is easier to repair chips in granite countertops. If you happen to drop a heavy object on the edge of the countertop and nick it, you can get a repair kit and perform a nearly invisible repair. You can also repair quartz, but the repairs are often more noticeable than on granite.
- Quartz scratches more easily. While you can cut vegetables directly on your granite countertop, the same can’t be said for quartz. You need to use a cutting board or risk leaving scratch marks on the surface.
- Granite is available in many more colors and patterns, all of which are completely natural. Each slab is unique.
- Surprisingly, with all its advantages, granite is still less expensive than quartz.
We think it’s clear that granite countertops are better than quartz. That’s why we’ve selected them as part of the included features of every home we build in Plantation Oaks and Oak Landing. We know we’re giving our homebuyers a surface that will stand the test of time and look beautiful for years to come. If you prefer quartz, we have many high-quality selections available for your home. You may even prefer a mixture of the two, after all, it is your home! Check out our extensive Countertop Selections to see which are your favorites.
Live chat with Susan Siemiontkowski or call her today at 228-239-2621 to schedule your personal tour of our homes for sale in Gulfport MS.Tags: custom homebuilder gulfport ms, Gulfport Home Builder. For Sale Gulfport, Gulfport New Home Builder
This post was written by Acadian Homes