Half the fun of owning custom homes in Gulfport MS is decorating them with each season. The traditional Southern front porch is often the first place visitors see, so it deserves special attention. Here are some creative ways to dress up your front porch for fall:
- Replace those pink, purple and white summer flowers with chrysanthemums and other fall flowers in shades of yellow, orange, warm red or burgundy. Plant them in pots to place on the steps, in flower boxes at the windows, or in the ground along the front of the porch.
- Buy or make a fall wreath for the front door. Strands of realistic artificial fall leaves are quick and easy to attach to a simple grapevine wreath base. Add some faux berries, pine cones, acorns or tiny gourds for accents.
- Replace the summer cushions on your porch furniture with new ones in autumn-appropriate colors. If your cushions are neutral, just add a few fresh throw pillows or a cozy afghan to wrap up in on cool evenings.
- To dress up the porch for company, create a seasonal flower arrangement from fresh or dried fall flowers, ornamental grasses and sprays of berries. If you use dried materials, be sure to keep them out of the weather.
- Go all out with a traditional fall harvest theme of pumpkins, cornstalks, Indian corn and a scarecrow or two. With a few additions, your country harvest display can be tailored for Halloween and Thanksgiving.
At Acadian Homes, we love front porches. Right now we have an available New Orleans-inspired cottage with a front porch ready for your decorating touch! This 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath home has 2,205 square feet of living space for you to decorate and enjoy. Located at 12007 Parc Merlot in The Cottages at Oak Landing, the home has a subtle moss green exterior with crisp white trim and matching shutters. The front porch features a durable concrete floor, attractive brick foundation and substantial columns. Acadian is offering this house with builder incentives for a limited time at $339,900.
Call Acadian Homes today at 228-239-2671 to schedule a tour of this home or any of our other custom homes in Gulfport MS.Tags: Gulfport Homebuilder, Gulfport homes for sale, gulfport ms new homes
Categorized in: About Us, Community, Fall Tips, Holiday Tips, Home Designs
This post was written by Acadian Homes